Call 020 3811 5808 today for injury claim advice. Lines open 24 hours a day. No obligation accident claims advice and support on a no win no fee* basis. Free telephone consultation available to all callers.
If you have been involved in an accident or had an injury that was not your fault, and would like information on how to make London personal injury claims then please call us today. Our experts are a specialist personal injury claims (London) company and are able to offer swift legal advice.
We work on a no win no fee* arrangement.
To start your claim call us today. Lines are open 24 hours a day. When you call we will quickly ascertain whether or not you are due compensation with a few easy questions.
About Personal Injury Claims London
Accidents and injuries can occur virtually anywhere including at home, outdoors, at the workplace, and on the road. Such injuries may be physical, psychological, or even health conditions and diseases caused by exposure to hazardous chemicals such as asbestos. According to the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, up to 1.2 million people suffer injuries or diseases attributable to their working conditions every year.
We are specialists in helping people living and working in London in getting compensation awards for personal injury claims, accident claims, and other forms of claims relating to injuries. No matter how you were injured, we should be able to help and support you.
Here are some common accident claims in London that we have dealt with in the past. Don’t worry if you can’t see one that relates to you, these are simply the most common.
- Cycling accident claims
- Sports injuries including Equestrian, Gym, Football, and Rugby
- Spinal injury claims including back, neck, and brain
- Head injury compensation
- Knee, leg, shoulder, arm, finger, eyes, and other bodily claims
- Repetitive strain injury (RSI)
- Medical and clinical negligence
- Accident at work, and work accident claims
- Industrial injury compensation
- Construction and building site accident claims
- Asbestos compensation claims and mesothelioma
- Car accident claims including car crash injury compensation
- Road traffic accidents including public transport
- Bus accident claims
- Shops, stores and other public places
- Hotels and restaurants
- Whiplash compensation
- Motorbike accident claims
- Industrial deafness and hearing loss
- Food poisoning compensation
Making Accident Claims London Easy
If you have suffered an injury or illness due to someone else’s fault, you should seek compensation by filing for a personal injury claim in London with our help and support. Below is a detailed guide to the process involved with making a personal injury claim.
First of all, if you have not yet spoken to a lawyer yet then don’t worry. In most cases you won’t have to go to court as our fully qualified personal injury lawyers from London will try to settle all cases outside of court. You just need to call us and help us to gather all the necessary evidence required to make the compensation process quicker.
The outcome of any London personal injury claim generally depends on the evidence presented before a court of law. With this in mind, you have to furnish your solicitor with certain details including:
- Details of disease, physical, or psychological injuries that you have suffered including medical diagnosis and treatment.
- Details related to the injury claims London that you would like to file. This includes date when the injury occurred, where it occurred, as well as how it happened.
- Details of witnesses that might have been present.
- Information related to membership of a trade union. This is important because such membership might help you get legal representation at a lower cost or even free of charge.
- Financial expenses attributable to your injury such as cost of medical care and loss of earnings.
- Documentary evidence to support your accident claims London. For example, you could produce hospital records.
- Documentary evidence tied to insurance policies that you might have had at the time of the injury. Personal injury solicitors in London require this information to determine whether such policies could cover your legal costs.
It is important to note that the UK has a three-year limitation period for making personal injury claims London. In some cases, this three-year period starts when one identifies an illness or injury rather than the date when it occurred. This means that people suffering diseases caused by asbestos such as mesothelioma have to make a claim within three years of a diagnosis.
Investigation and Liability
With the evidence at hand, your personal injury solicitor in London will carry out thorough investigations with the aim to determine whether the evidence you have provided is credible and can withstand scrutiny in a court of law. At the same time, your lawyers will determine who is liable for your injuries or illness. Remember the person, business, or corporate entity responsible is likely to put up a spirited fight in court to counter your claim.
It is usual for our London No Win No Fee* solicitors to also discuss with you the amount of compensatory damages you are likely to receive. Other pertinent issues that you will have to discuss during this stage include how long the entire process will take, legal costs and payment arrangements, and ways of resolving differences that might arise as the case proceeds.
Making a Personal Injury Claim in London
Before the case proceeds to court, your solicitor will send a claim letter to the defendant. This letter includes details such as the injury you have suffered and medical expenses associated with it. It is up to the defendant to reply to this letter within a period of three months. If the defendant accepts responsibility, he or she will meet with your lawyer to work out ways of settling the matter out of court.
In most cases, this includes making an “offer to settle” also known as “part 36 offer.” Such an offer generally takes into consideration key factors such as the amount of compensation the victim is willing to accept and the amount of money the defendant is willing to pay as compensatory damages. Of course, your solicitor will advise you on the best action to take.
Taking Legal Action
Your lawyer will have to proceed to court if the defendant refutes the claim and denies responsibility. A judge will set a date for the hearing of your case. When it comes to deciding the amount of compensation to award you, the court will consider factors such as physical and psychological suffering, inability to work or move due to complications related to the injury, financial losses suffered due to the accident (read our page about Accident Claims in London), as well as medical evidence presented by specialists. A plaintiff can receive damages for traumatic brain injury, back injury, spinal injury, loss of sight, amputation, whiplash injuries, deafness, stress, depression, and mesothelioma.
Go back to the top of the Injury Claims London page.
* Other costs could be payable